As/Is







3.14.2009


the possible

how does it feel this grief
thing (the conversation went like that)
funny, i mean, how often do you
fall apart, in retrospect;

funny

no pressure now, except
the normal desperation of
happiness, of weekends and
clinging tightly to each event

Aquafina on the table
Dog snuffling along the floor
like a pig, the computer
displaying mastery

things I could never imagine
fevers, principalities, "purple-
veined" child, "trifolium"

Whalen's PAY NO ATTENTION TO ME

What was he thinking?

What do you expect?

"I just don't understand you, I'm really stumped."
look, now I'm quoting you, but you're dead.

I want tea.

"Are you asking (permission)?"

"No I'm telling you"

I say it with a smile / I say it with a smile, but
sometimes I'd rather ask / sometimes I'd rather be told
this is possible, this is not, be quiet now

lay down. close your eyes.